Have you just invested in a new hot water heater for your Lombard, IL home? Or did you already have a hot water heater, but now you want to know how to get the most amount of use out of it? In both of these situations, it’s key to get a professional plumber’s advice on what you should and shouldn’t do in regard to water heater maintenance.
Do’s and Don’ts of Maintaining a Hot Water Heater in Lombard, IL
A water heater is an expensive appliance that you use a lot. Good maintenance is, therefore, critical to ensuring it stays in good working condition. Keep the following do’s and don’ts in mind.
Do set your water heater on a timer. Keep the temperature low during times when you’re away at work or asleep, and higher during hours when you’re at home and using water.
- Don’t ever set the temperature above 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Do keep the area around your water heater clear so it can be easily accessed.
- Don’t leave any flammable materials near your water heater.
- Do flush out the water heater once or twice a year. This will minimize the buildup of sediment.
- Don’t ignore signs there’s something wrong, such as low water pressure, a lack of hot water, rust or sediment in the tank, or a leak.
Call Precision to Maintain Your Hot Water Heater in Lombard, IL
Of course, it’s important to know your way around water heaters if you plan to maintain yours yourself. If this is the case, then remember to refer to the manufacturer’s owner manual for the proper way to care for your appliance.
If, however, you don’t feel comfortable maintaining your water heater yourself, then you’re best advised to call the team of Master Plumbers here at Precision. We have years of experience providing water heater maintenance for residential and commercial customers in the Lombard, IL area. So if you really want to make the most of your hot water heater, call our team and schedule a maintenance appointment at your earliest convenience. We’ll be sure you get the advice and hot water you need!